Friday, January 2, 2009

Exercising

Doug did some exercises tonight. He used a large therapy rubber band on his ankles and walked by shuffling his legs side to side. After that, he got on the treadmill that hasn't been used in a few years for about 5 minutes. Then, he tried on some of his loafer dress shoes to see if he felt comfortable walking in them, but decided to keep wearing his black velcro dress shoes for now. Slowly but surely, he is going to be "whole" again. That is my prayer!

1 comment:

Wendell Rovenstine said...

I am going to get in the rhythm of walking in 2009. My goal is to walk every day. Note I said it is my goal. I started like Doug did last night with 7 minutes a day and next week it will be 8. I am hoping I can add a minute a weekso by the end of the year I will be walking an hour. I want to develop a rhythm for walking so it becomes necessary for me and I will feel bad if for any reason I miss my walk. Thanks for your post on my blog. I don't know that I am anything special.