Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Squirrel

A week ago, I came home around 4:45pm and parked the Yukon on the street (because someone was parked in my spot in the driveway) to unload some groceries. When walking across the front lawn, I looked down and saw this little critter laying on his back and kicking all of his/her legs. At first I wasn't sure what it was but finally concluded it was a squirrel. There was a nest in the tree above. I don't know how it survived the fall. Our golden retriever, Lucy, was out in the front yard a long time that afternoon and wouldn't come in. She was sitting about where the squirrel was. I'm wondering if she was sitting there protecting it all that time. Anyway, we have managed to keep it alive for a week. The picture below is the squirrel laying in Lacey's hand.