Friday, May 29, 2009

A Year Ago

One year ago today, Doug was discharged from the hospital. He was in the hospital for almost two months after having his stroke on March 31, 2008. He has sure come along way this past year but is disappointed his left side has not recovered like he had hoped. His left leg gets tired easily and hurts from his hip to his toes when he walks. His left arm and hand have some mobility but not enough to function normally and he still experiences paralysis in some areas. I can't even imagine what it is like, but Doug is definitely a trooper. He doesn't complain and is always looking at the positive in things. I am truly blessed to have Doug in my life. Today I am just thanking God for Doug and our life together. I am living one day at a time.

No comments: