The last day Doug was in the hospital, they filled me on on all the things I needed to do to care for Doug at home. One of their biggest concerns after leaving the hospital was Doug going home and falling. For the first 2 or 3 weeks, I was always right beside Doug watching every step he took because I didn't want him to fall. Anyway, the last day at the hospital, they had Doug kneel down and sit on the floor on a padded mat. Then they educated me and Doug on the proper way to get up in case he did fall at home. I am thankful to report that Doug has never fell one time.
Last night for the first time, Doug kneeled down on the floor on a couch cushion next to the couch and then was able to push himself up. Bearing weight on his arm and hand is suppose to be very good therapy, so that is what he was trying to do.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Excellent Doug! In so many ways you are going to be an inspiration to Bette this coming year as she begins her journey to recovery!
Yay! So glad that your recovery is still going so good! I agree with Joss about being an inspiration to Aunt Bette! Keep up the good work! Love you all!
Post a Comment