It has been 6 months since Doug had his stroke which was on a Sunday night after midnight. On that day, Jaley had a volleyball tournament in Tecumseh, so I was gone most of the day with her, and Lacey had a soccer game, so Doug and the boys went to see her play in the afternoon. One day we are living our busy normal lives, then within minutes the normal turned into uncertainty, worry, and fear wondering what the outcome would be. Doug slept a lot and would drift in and out of sleep the first few days, but was never totally unconscious.
But, the good news is Doug can talk, walk, swallow normal, shave, shower, drive, and go into work. He doesn't have the stamina he had before and does tires easily. He walks with a limp that hopefully will go away once his left side gets stronger. We are still believing in a total recovery for his left arm, hand and fingers. We are thankful for God's healing and all of the prayers that were lifted up. I'm also thankful for both my family and Doug's family for all of their support and encouragement.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm personally dumbfounded by his progress. I would say that God has been working!
thats awesome i didn't realize it was that long ago. i am amazed at how well he is doing.
Katie
Post a Comment