Sunday, August 3, 2008

Driver's License

Originally, we got a letter from DPS saying Doug either needed to surrender his driver's license within 30 days or have a form filled out by his physician. So, he had Dr. Love fill out the form and mail it in. Dr. Love said is should be okay for Doug to start driving, but to use good judgement.
Doug has only driven one time. It was discouraging for him because when he drove to the post office and bank after work, he wasn't able to use his left arm to mail the mail or put a check in the bank's drive through.
On Saturday, he got a letter from DPS saying he needed to go to the DPS office to take an eye exam and driving test within the next 30 days.
So, in the meantime, I am the designated driver. I take him to work everyday and to Physical Therapy three times a week plus church and other places. Hopefully his left arm will get stronger and he will be able to start driving when he feels more confident about it.

2 comments:

Marlita said...

Hey Aunt Beth, I tagged you!

Unknown said...

So, for right now he can just leave his letters on the desk at the office for the carrier to pick up. Or maybe he could get a US Post office vehicle, where the steering wheel is on the other side...and.... I´m sure he´ll get it figured out.