Friday, April 18, 2008
Moved Left Leg.
I went to the hospital around noon as I usually do. When I wheeled him back to his room after lunch, they put him in his bed. Doug said he had a new Physical Therapist working with him that morning and wanted to show me what he could do with his left leg. I straightened his leg and raised his heel off the bed, then he gave me quite a suprise. He started moving his leg from the left and then to the right about 12" back and forth. This was a BIG achievement. I am already looking forward to his next BIG step. He talked to his doctor today and was told they would take off his catheter in the morning. I know he will be glad to get if off, but he dreads how painful it's going to be. Ouch!
