Thursday, March 31, 2016

Eight Years and Counting

Another year has come and gone for my husband, Doug who is a stroke survivor.  It has been eight years now.  Doug is 54 years old and I think we are both feeling the symptoms of growing older. As for Doug, he is still partially paralyzed and has never gained total feeling back on his left side.  He has very little feeling in his left foot and left hand.  It is a miracle and a blessing that he can walk, talk, and still be an attorney to make an income for us to live on.  I must admit that there are some days that I get down and wonder why this had to happen.  But then I start counting my blessings and thank God that I still have Doug in my life.

It has been a year now since Jaley married Tyrone.  They recently moved to Norfolk, Virginia where Tyrone is serving in the U.S. Navy.  They are buying their first home and should be closing on it in a few weeks.  The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen with an island and a garage that has been converted that can be another living area with a laundry room.  It has a fenced back yard with a patio and tall trees in front and back.  The kitchen and bathrooms are all newly remodeled, the windows are all new, it has new flooring and they fill be ready to move right in as soon as everything is final.  I am excited for them.

Jared continues to work for Red Lobster.  He is doing well as one of their top servers.  Doug and I will go eat there sometimes and get to enjoy a 25% discount since we are his parents.   Sometimes this is the only time we get to see Jared because he doesn't come see us at the house too often.  Jared likes to have fun.   We are giving him his space and pray he makes the right decisions.

Kalen is a sophomore at the University of Oklahoma.  He has declared a major of Computer Science in the Engineering Division.  He goes to a lot of tutoring classes and had to do a big project that involved a small group that kept him busy too.  He is very dedicated to his studies and I am proud of him for being serious about his education.   

Lacey is a senior at Norman High this year.  I can't believe that my baby is about to graduate from high school in 2 more months.  She has not found a job and we keep telling her to get one.  I really hope the doors will open for a good job.  I think she will do well if she can just get her foot in the door somewhere.   She has applied to O.U. and is on the waiting list.  

Thank you Lord for allowing me to live one day at a time.  

No comments: