Monday, March 28, 2011

Almost 3 Years

On Thursday, it will be the three year mark since Doug had his stroke. He is definitely stronger and has good balance. I'm not afraid of him walking up the stairs or getting in and out of the car. The only time he needs my help is for getting dressed, tying his tie and putting on his shoes.
After three years, you would think that there wouldn't be any pain, but unfortunately, there is. He's adjusted to the fact that his left side is still paralized and that the use of his hand will never be what it was. But having to deal with the pain is something that any person would have trouble getting use to. Some days are better than other days. The cold weather seems to be worse than the warmer weather. A hot shower helps a lot. It would be nice if we had a hot tub for Doug to use everyday to get his circulation going good. Maybe someday.
Overall, we have a lot to be thankful for. I tend to be negative at times. Doug tries to always be positive. I worry. Doug encourages. I doubt. Doug has hope. Even with his affiction, Doug looks for the bright side to everything. I pray for Doug to continue to keep pressing on one day at a time.

No comments: