Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stroke - Two Years Ago

Two years ago just after midnight, Doug suffered a hemorrhagic stroke. This was the day that our world turned upside down. How would we survive through this?
I would like to take a moment to thank God, my family and our church for lifting Doug up in prayer. Without each of you and all of the encouraging words, I would have been a nervous wreck. I truly was living one day at a time. Amen!
Now, an update on Doug. After being in the hospital for almost 2 months, I truly believe he is a walking miracle. His recovery has not been as complete as he would have liked, but we are so grateful for the huge steps he has made.
He continues to have pain on his entire left side. Some days are better, some are worse. I have to admire Doug for all that he does in spite of his affliction. He is always looking for the positive in everything. I believe it was his determination and faith in God that has brought him so far in his recovery, and he is not a quitter.
With God, anything is possible and my prayer is that Doug will be healed completely.

No comments: