Last night I got a call from my brother Tom around 9:50 p.m. He informed me that Mom had fallen and she was being taken to the Emergency Room. This morning I called the hospital to see if I could talk to her but she had been discharged. I then called Mom at her room in the Nursing Home and she answered. Her voice was really raspy and she said her throat was sore, probably from yelling after she fell. I am so thankful that someone heard her yelling, "I fell".
Anyway, it appears that there are no broken bones. She fell down pretty hard on her knees on her way to the bathroom. It may take some time for her to heal and get her strength back. She said she feels wiped out. She sounded that way too.
I pray she can have a speedy recovery. I sure wish I was able to be with her, but I am thankful she has a telephone so I can call her often.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
She's looking good today. She likes the phone calls.
Post a Comment