Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mission Trip - Viva Las Vegas

Last fall, Jared and Jaley signed up to go on a Mission Trip to go to Mexico this month. Then about 3 months ago, the destination was changed from Mexico to Las Vegas. (For some reason this strikes me as funny.) I guess they had their reasons for not wanting to go to Mexico. Maybe it was the swine flu.
Jared and Jaley departed on Friday, July 10th for Las Vegas in 2 smaller vans and a 25 passenger bus. On the first day, Jaley's van broke down around Amarillo. They had to wait 2 1/2 hours to have the fuel injector repaired while the other 2 vehicles went on down the road to Albequerque. Then later down the road (same day) Jaley's van ran out of gas. Her van arrived in Albequerque 3 hours after the rest of her group.
The youth group stayed at The Crossing Church where they were going to work for 3 days. I don't know any details on what they were going to do or did. I'm anxious to see them tomorrow when they get back home. They were leaving Las Vegas today and I'm praying they make it home safely without any problems.
I wonder if it was as hot in Las Vegas as it was in Oklahoma this week. I'm ready for some rain and a little relief from this heat.

1 comment:

Tim Rovenstine said...

I'm glad these vehicle problems happen to you in the USA, and not just to us here in MExico