Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was the first time I didn't go to church on Mother's Day. Lacey's soccer team entered a tournament and had a game at 10:00 am today making it difficult to go to church, especially with a 30 min. rain delay at half-time. We could have skipped the game, but since it was her last game of the year and knowing she may not play soccer next year, I gave in to her wanting to play in the game. None of our kids have played soccer beyond 5th grade. After 5th grade it gets more competitive and involves traveling.
After the soccer game, we came home to let Lacey change clothes and rest a little before heading to Chili's for lunch. After lunch, we went to see "Wolverine" at the Warren Theatre in Moore. We are home now and Doug just called his Mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. I will call my Mom later to wish her a Happy Mother's Day too. I am anxious to talk to my Mom since she went to Aubrie's wedding yesterday in the Chicago area. (Aubrie is my great niece.)
It is another damp, wet, cloudy, rainy day. Easter Sunday now Mother's Day Sunday; neither Sunday had nice weather. How can we get a family picture outside in this stuff? I guess we can hope for nice weather on Father's Day Sunday.

1 comment:

Dalene said...

Nanny was such a trooper at Aubrie's wedding! She's an absolutely amazing woman!