Friday, January 30, 2009

Family Game of Risk

There is a game that Doug played in college a lot. He played it with my brother Tom as well as my nephews Nate, Allen, Kurt, Jeff, Les, and other friends. I even played it a few times after we got married, but haven't played in about 20 years.
Last night, all six of us played a family game of Risk. Doug wasn't sure he wanted to play, but we all talked him into it. Actually, I'm suprised I agreed to play. Here is how the game went.
Jaley took out Kalen, so he was out first. I don't think Kalen was trying to win too hard because he wanted to go play X-Box. Doug took out Lacey, so she was out second. Then he took out Jared and Jaley. It was down to just Doug and myself. I didn't have any cards to trade in but Doug did, so we ended the game because he would get 45 more armies and take over my only country, Europe.
I think the kids had a good time. The game ended around 10:30 and Doug was pretty tired. He should be, after taking over the whole world. El Cid would be proud of him.

1 comment:

Dalene said...

Doug is indeed the great conqueror when it comes to Risk.