Tuesday, January 13, 2009

El Cid

Every morning is a process for getting Doug ready for the day. The first hurdle is helping him get out of the waterbed. The second hurdle is assisting him to take a shower. The third hurdle is getting him dressed. The final hurdle is driving him to work; but there are some days he does drive himself.
Today Doug said he kind of feels like El Cid when they put him on his horse to go into battle. Of course El Cid was dead when they put him on that horse, but having El Cid look alive gave the soldiers confidence to fight along his side. It was a great movie and Charlton Heston was a great actor for the part of El Cid.
Yesterday Doug had court in Oklahoma City at 9:00 am and then worked a full day until 5:00 pm. He sometimes feels he isn't progressing, but when I remember how things were 6 months ago, I think he is doing fantastic.

2 comments:

Dalene said...

I think that Uncle Tim suggested that I read El Cid (was it you Tim?). I haven't read it or seen the movie. Seems like something I should get to know! I'm sorry Uncle Doug feels like El Cid, but it sounds like El Cid is a Hero!

Wendell Rovenstine said...

Sounds like you are really busy. Take care of yourself.