At ten o'clock this morning, Doug's mother called to tell him his sister, Kathy, had passed away. She had been battling cancer for over 2 years. Doug's Mom (from Nebraska) and older sister, Vicki (from Missouri) had been taking turns being there with Kathy for the last month. Both of them were there with Kathy when she went to be with Jesus.
Kathy's birthday was going to be this next Tuesday, November 4th and she would have turned 55. I was going to go pick out a special birthday card for Kathy and mail it out today. Instead of getting to celebrate another birthday, we will be going to her funeral.
Please keep Doug and his extended family in your prayers as well as safe travel for us as we go to Grinnell, Iowa. Tentatively, we plan to leave on Monday afternoon and come back on Wednesday. I am glad that Jared will be able to help do some of the driving.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh no! I am SO sorry to hear that!
We will be praying for his family and a safe trip. This must be a difficult time for you all.
Sorry to hear about Doug's sister; have a safe trip!
These next few days will be difficult. Know that we are praying. In the midst of struggles endeavor to enjoy the family and the trip together. Keep us posted on how the next few days go.
I'm sorry I wasn't aware that Doug's sister was facing this challenge. Our deepest regards as you share precious moments with grieving family members in Iowa.
Post a Comment