Monday, October 27, 2008

Ceramic or Porcelain Tile Flooring

We want to put down new flooring in our kitchen and bathroom downstairs plus two downstairs entry ways. Right now we have vinyl that was installed when we moved in 15 years ago that is looking pretty bad. Do we do Ceramic Tile or Porcelain Tile? There are so many things to decide.
We have visited about every tile store in Norman. I believe it is good to shop around to get the best deal we can get. I am amazed at how much they charge for installation. At one place it is $3.99 a sq. ft. At another place there is a $35.00 measuring fee. And some charge $1.00 a sq. ft. to remove the old vinyl. Then there might be a floor prep fee. Then there could be an appliance fee if they have to remove appliances. Then a toilet fee if they have to remove a toilet. Boy, it all adds up!
It has been a long process, but I think we've found a place that can do it for a good price that includes everything. I just need to make a phone call to tell them to "Do It!" Hopefully we did all our homework. I'll post a before and after picture once it is done.

No comments: