Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jamaica

I try to call my Mom everyday, usually in the morning. It gets me going and my day started.
My Mom is 93 years old and lives alone in a small one bedroom apartment for senior citizens. Today she is headed for Jamaica for a six day vacation with four of my older brothers. Doug and I were invited to go too, but we just didn't feel it would be physically possible right now. I will miss talking to her on the telephone, but hope she has a great time. She is a trooper!

2 comments:

liesel said...

John and Juan bumped into them at the airport this morning. He's on his way to Mexico. I can't help but wonder how Nanny will like being waited on and pampered so much. She definitely deserves it, I'm glad she went!

Dalene said...

I'm sorry you all weren't able to go, too.

Nanny will be pampered like a queen. I hope she enjoys it.

It will be weird not to talk to here every day for you, I'm sure! Call Mark's cell!--or email to his Blackberry.